Classes are available by appropriate age grouping.
AquaBasics 1 Class
Criteria for joining AquaBasics 1 class is the ability to sit on the steps safely, follow simple instructions, and wait for his/her turn.
- Exhale underwater
- Fully submerge eyes and ears
- Back float with assistance with ears in water
- Enter and exit the water safely and independently
- Full submersion and independent swimming skills without a flotation device
- Must show ability to sit on the steps safely, follow simple instructions, and wait for turn
AquaBasics 2 Class
Criteria for joining the AquaBasics 2 class are the ability to blow bubbles, kick feet on the kickboard with minimal assistance, scooping arms without splashes, and propel themselves independently using a flotation device. Swimmers must also be comfortable with full submersion and assisted back floating.
- Entering and exiting the pool safely
- Picking up rings at the 3-foot level
- Gliding with eyes and ears in the water
- Gliding to the wall and holding on
- Independence in back floating
- Roll-overs will be introduced